Lockdown, Day 121

The weekend was really tough, I felt awful and constantly sick (Thanks Kidneys) and we tried to help Mikey spend one of his Birthday gift cards...He found a game he wanted in Smyths Toys, but when we went to pay for it we were told it was out of stock. There were out of stock stickers on the PS4 version, but the 2 shelves full of X Box one didn't mention anything. So we left, with a very disappointed and angry child - a toy shop which didn't have the toy he wanted; just loads of empty boxes. To a 10 year old that makes no sense at all...at least he probably won't want to go back anytime soon!!

I stopped off at Dunelm as we were there, I needed a cushion pad for the case I decorated with diamonds. Being sensible I hadn't measured it! But we found a lovely squishy cushion and I was sure I could squish it enough to fit! I did and it is very supportive of my poor old back with it's aches thanks to the 2 beans trying to die inside!

So after a 50% successful trip we returned home as the rain began, Andy and Mikey had a quick lunch and then my small genius decided he needed fresh air so went out to basically dance in the rain! He was out for ages and when he came back was dripping water from everywhere! His shoes were left in the Kitchen and he then dashed up to the bathroom where wet clothes ended up being dumped on the floor and Mikey retreated to bed to warm up as he was cold! It was not child cruelty, all I could hear from him outside were decidedly happy noises and it was his choice! 


This is the only toy shop in Ashford that is open on Sunday. I only suggested it in an attempt to cheer up Mikey who was rather down, guess Mum got it wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90