Weekend...

 I was hoping to have a quiet, relaxing weekend as I was feeling so drained etc.

Saturday started off well! Nice weather, an easy drive to Capel and parked at the Battle of Britain Memorial for our Kents Biggest Weekend visit! We started off outside as we needed to wait to go into Scramble. The memorial itself is very moving, while we were there we had a fly by from a plane in D-Day Livery and also an appearance by the Good Year Blimp. Once we went back inside we headed into the Scramble display - watching Mikey trying to use a phone with a dial was hilarious, I had completely forgotten that phones like those have not been around in his lifetime. Seeing him stabbing his finger into the holes to press the number was funny. I eventually gave in when he started trying to instruct the phone and suggested putting his finger in a hole and moving the dial around!  I forgot to tell him to let go of it and he was not impressed at the way his mother collapsed on a chair with the giggles!!

Mikey and Andy both had a go on a Hurricane Simulator - Mikey shot everything in sight, managed to down 6 Nazi planes but did spend most of his time upside down...Andy claimed 10 kills but made no comment about his orientation!!

The main point of yesterday was to make more memories of family time together - so Mikey chose our lunch destination - the Services on the M20 so he could go to KFC! Thankfully they also have a subway so Andy and I opted for that! We sorted his highness out first and then joined a short queue at possible the slowest Subway ever - one member of staff seemed determined to make every Sub a masterpiece with the placement of tomato, peppers and cucumber etc Nothing was going to make him rush each art piece!!

Once we got home I rustled up a carbonara bake for dinner and even ate some! But I did manage to lose it later. I should have paid attention to the warning...

Mikey appeared this morning with a very red back where he had been scratching. I asked him to bring his Sudocrem so I could treat his back, but he never appeared back. Once Andy and I were up he did eventually appear downstairs so I started on his back - he suddenly said he felt dizzy and before I could do or say anything he collapse forward and ended up bouncing his head on the floor. I yelled at Andy to pick him up and called 999. The handler asked copious questions and determined he wasn't unconsconcious or bleeding and wasn't an emergency. I have been instructed to contact his GP tomorrow!! Not sure how well that will go down as I have already reported them to the CQC...

For the rest of today he has been pretty subdued and quiet. if he gets too quiet I nip up to his room just to check he hasn't passed out. The original plan was that he is back at school tomorrow, but we may then have to pull him out if we actually manage to get a Dr to see him. I'm not holding my breath, but I want my normal, loud Mikey back as soon as possible.


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried