Lockdown, Day 127

Not had a good few days, feeling constantly sick and everything hurts. It also doesn't help waking up every morning with aching legs which feel as though I've walked for hours all night.

This should not be a surprise, but I guess I have got used in the last few months to being pretty much symptom free. I am also aware that it is likely to just get worse as I go on...I really wish that there had been more research done into this disease, unlike Cancer this is not seen as a sexy disease that needs to be beaten, as it is so invisible anyone that has it can escape any type of interest or notoriety in the annals of social media. Kidneys are something everyone finds it easier to ignore than worry about...They are not just here to filter urine, they impact your blood pressure and help with hormonal and nutritional balance, my kidneys not working to full expectation mean I can't 1) absorb iron from food 2) instruct the long bones in my legs to produce new red blood cells 3) get the right amount of oxygen into my blood and therefore stave organs etc for the gas we all need to survive...oh yes, and because they can't filter properly I an basically poisoning myself all the time. And yet many people will not even consider that they can survive safely with only 1 that works correctly, so everyone with a pair of healthy kidneys has the ability to give a CKD sufferer a new lease of life where we can eat whatever we want and drink whatever we want and don't have to have constant blood tests.

The blood room at WHH are now used to me appearing and the problems they will face extracting blood! And once I have my fistula created it will be tougher as they will only be allowed to use my right arm and not my left! Maybe someone will work out how to fit a tap by then!! But I do know not to let F2 Drs try now, the bruises they create are seriously impressive and I can't recreate anything like them! The poor lady opposite me at Christmas was convinced he was going to make me pass out as I went such a strange colour!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried