Insomnia again....

 Yesterday I was exhausted by the time I went to bed...I was hoping to be asleep really quickly again! Wonderful plan but someone had other ideas and I was wide awake for hours. This is crazy, all I want is to pass out for a few days and wake up feeling slightly normal - whatever that feels like as I really don't remember.

Today started with a call from Urology at KCH...can I be there for a referral appointment tomorrow morning? I really wasn't sure so she said she would call back in 10 minutes while I sorted out child care! A quick call to Andy and he said they would both come with me and invade the carpark! So I waited for my call back.... an hour later it came and I have to go to the Urology Suite next to Clarke ward with a list of my meds and yet another urine test....but I can produce that once I get there!

While I was waiting for my call my GP called and asked if I could go to Tunbridge Wells tomorrow for an Ultra Sound scan! My immediate response was no which threw her a bit; so I explained I'm going to be in Canterbury for  referral made by them...She is now calling me back on Wednesday to see if I still need another scan...I'm happy to have a scan but I just don't want to to that far for it! Plus I had one on Friday anyway so why do I need another one?

Prue Leith has also wound me up... Hospital food (certainly the rubbish I experienced last week) needs far more than improved presentation. The menu in Ashford has not changed for at least 6 years; the same cannot be said about the quality of the food - in fact it may well be well over 6 years old! It is inedible and there is nothing that can be done to make it more appealing. In 2014 I was happily trying the whole menu while I was in Cardiology being monitored, now it is a challenge to find something with flavour and a good texture. Most of it feels like dust in your mouth and has a similar taste.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried