Lockdown 3, Day 76

Had a decidedly mixed couple of days over the weekend...Took my 1st capsule of Tramadol on Saturday night and had the best sleep I've had for months. Unfortunately the pain kicked in just after 7 and I was awake again and it was decidedly uncomfortable.

I tried again last night, I got to sleep quite quickly but it was not a relaxing or refreshing rest. My dreams were mainly re-runs of those I had during my time in a coma in 2008; decidedly off putting and to be honest not something I wanted to re-live at all. Some of my 'dreams' during my coma were fun and enjoyable, nut not all of them. I wish I could remember what order I had them in so I could find out if the bad ones were when I was at my worst and closest to death, but I really can't remember. It is also odd that I can remember talking to people whilst I was dreaming...mostly my Mum! Dad was usually in another room relaxing on bean bags with a beer or 2! Oh - and plain hula hoops - so he must have been watching rugby!!

My bright idea for today is to have a night without Tramadol and take it every other night if I need to. Hopefully doing this may mean a good nights sleep every other night; which is better than not sleeping!! Or reliving things I'd rather not experience again under any circumstances.

The Anaemia team also called me today, for the next month I'm changing my EPO  to once a fortnight as my Hemoglobin is now too high!! The current theory is that it is just a blip, but they are going to keep an eye on my blood results to ensure I don't get into any trouble. At least someone is keeping an eye on me! At home I'm monitoring my Blood Pressure and it is too high. |I've managed to get my pulse back to where it should be, but both Systolic and Diastolic are far too high. I'm to report back to the Drs on Friday - but at least I can push for Ramipril as I know I can cope with that with few side effects and it also protects my Kidneys but stopping the high results and putting less pressure on them.

My one wish at the moment is to have a day without pain, dizzy spells or feeling totally exhausted...Just one day, but it appears that is completely impossible. In which case my ish is to come downstairs and find a small fluffy dog waiting just for me. I love my cats, but dogs do provide unconditional love in a way cats will never do. That would give me someone to love and cuddle whenever I need. Mikey loves hugs but they are requested when he wants - not necessarily when I need one... I just need to find a way to convince Andy that Dogs are not scary and I really feel a dog could help Mikey loads. I need a dog when I was growing up and she was the only one I told everything to. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90