Lockdown 3; Day 77

Today is officially 1 year since we were all told to stay at home, and I went into shielding. At this point it was out of choice to keep safe as it took several more weeks before I got the official notification from the NHS/Nephrology Team and then another month before my GP told me! Always good to know they are on the ball!!! Today is also the official day of Remembrance/Reflection, to be honest I am not sure how I feel. As a family we have been very lucky and have not lost anyone, but I have lost friends who really did not deserve to be killed by a bug that, personally, I still believe the Chinese created for some reason and released by mistake.

The Government have announced that foreign holidays are illegal, currently until the end of June. Trying to leave the country without a good reason is a £5000 fine and not filling the various forms in correctly/accurately is a £200 fine. The airlines are really not going to like this and trying to get anywhere in the UK during the summer is going to be hell plus this should ensure that the weather is going to be awful! At least we shouldn't end up with a hosepipe ban!!!

Last night sleep did not play ball, I was still wide awake at 4.20am and was up and dressed ready to deal with Sainsbury's at 10. I have a feeling there may be a nap this afternoon!! But being awake gave me plenty of time for thinking... Mostly about this F*~$ing CKD and my chances of getting a transplant when the time comes. I am going to start on my list of questions/points for my next consultation soon; I am so fed up with having such little control so I need to grab anything I can do with both hands.  Feeling I am actually doing something will help me feel less useless and out of control.

One thing I did do last night is some research on side effects of high haemoglobin, apparently it can cause blood pressure to go up! Seeing as my recent results have all been stage 2 or 3 Hypertension that appears to be correct...not sure how I'm meant to bring it down, hopefully the reduction in EPO will help!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90