I get knocked down - but I'm fed up of getting up again

 Poor Mikey is still struggling, his ears and throat have improved and the rash has vanished provided we stop him scratching! But since Thursday he has found it increasingly difficult to walk and grip things with his right hand. I called the GP Thursday afternoon and got the usual 'we are fully booked and too busy - call 111' I was very proud that I didn't just hang up, but I politely said good bye and started calling and joined the queue for help. I spoke to a helpful call handler who got an emergency GP to call me very quickly - it turned out to be a dr from out GP!! I was asked to get Mikey over the Musgrove (where we had gone earlier in the week) as soon as I could, which once we had got him to the car I did! In his slippers as we couldn't get his shoes on...

Dr Hussein came out as soon as we arrived and admitted he was stumped, but agreed that the rash had reduced - but Mikey's neuro reaction  was not good so he tried to call the Peadiatric A&E, but couldn't get through. He wanted a full panel of bloods done and a scan - once we got home I left him in my car and handed the keys over the Andy for the next shift. Andy took him in and they took no blood and no scan. Once he got home he was fed, but hardly ate anything and managed to walk up stairs to go to bed. The following morning his mobility had not improved at all and there was no way he could cope with school. At 5am on Saturday morning he stated screaming as he couldn't even stand up to go to the bathroom. As we didn't want to cause any more pain we found a way he could do what he needed...

This morning Andy and I decided that he still wasn't improving and as he had finished his antibiotics we would take him back to have him checked. I admit I stuck him in a wheel chair as I can't walk as slow as him at the moment as I can't get into a rhythm! We got in really quickly and he was triaged - we then got to wait for a Dr to appear. TO be honest I think I scared her as I towered over her and she looked about 11. She was of BAME origin so Mikey decided he couldn't understand her - so I got to translate! She checked muscle strength and took his shoes off - heaving me to try to get them back on him! Ther decision was Muscle Spasms...I disagree and had to ask her to check his ears and throat, this was done with a small torch which kept Mikey happy as nothing was put into his ear, these are now fine allegedly. I was told I could take him home  but he needs to rest and keep mobile. Quite how he is meant to do this is beyond me!

This evening I fould out my Sister is not coming over for my Birthday... As she is working in a vaccination clinic it is too dangerous for her to be in a restaurant with other people - although she has been up to a London Restaurant by train to a dinner for Jake's Birthday and was going to get on a large plane to the US with 100s of other people, but for her sister - she is keeping away. I feel as though she has jsut kicked me while I'm down on the ground with DM's on.

But to end on a positive I have my Scottish little sister coming down to see me...my only issue may be understanding a word she says!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried