Lockdown, Day 39

Today we are apparently being addressed by the Prime Minister for the first time since he left I.T.U. and recovered. The rumours flying around regarding the changes to the lockdown rules are daft, hopefully after Boris has spoken this evening everyone will calm down again and stop rushing to return to whatever they now feel normality is...

Last night Mikey actually admitted that he is missing school (not that he has wanted to do any work today) and I agree with him, I want him back at school once the science agrees that it is safe for him to do so. Both the children and the staff need to be protected; as well as the families at home who may still contain vunerable family members who do not need any bugs etc brought home. If I am honest I am so pleased I don't need to make any decision regarding this.

Part of me is worrying a little about when the lockdown lifts, I haven't driven for weeks and obviously have not needed to contend with any traffic at all. The thought of driving etc is, frankly, quite terrifying to me. At the moment all I'm thinking about is the blood tests I need to have done at the end of May. It is a pain that my illness needs so many regular blood tests - especially as getting blood out of me is such a pain and the nurses at my GP are not able to do that so it will mean a trip into William Harvey. Not my favourite place for many reasons - mainly right now after spending 24 hours on a Corona Ward at the end of March. It was one of the most terrifying stays in hospital that I am aware of....My stay in 2008 when I was in a coma hardly counts as I have no memory of that at all! My only memory is from after I came round and discovered my legs didn't work when I tried to get out of bed and ended up on the floor when the old pins failed!! The nurse who eventually found me told me I waws stupid and didn't I know that I coiuldn't walk! My wonderfully sarcastic "What do you think??" only proved to me that I was unable to talk either and being hoisted into bed was one of the most embarrassing moments in my life... And I have given birth with a male Midwife since then with no blushes!!!

Home Schooling has reinforced something that I have known since I was 17! My family occupation may well be teaching, but I am a far better business trainer than teacher and I work better with adults than any child I have produced or any other children of his age! I bow before his teacher now in awe for her ability to put up with his tantrums and refusal to work in a way I feel is suitable and sensible! I am even more aware how special and unique Mikey is in every way...I would also like to apologise to my past teachers as I am sure I was equally special!

One thing I am looking forward to is getting out of Ashford... Andy has been to work on the odd day and I just get the impression that he enjoys escaping from here. But He has to come back here so it is only a very brief respite! Mikey is very good at making it very obvious just who is in charge here and it is neither Andy nor I! Most days it is Mikey until he goes to bed then the cats take the reigns and continue to make our lives hell!
This photo was pre-lockdown at the Museum of the Moon in Rochester Cathedral. Mikey had a great day even though he seriously considered using the High Alter as a toilet as he was getting desperate and thought there was a hiding hole behind it! Thankfully we managed to catch him and divert him out of the building to find a suitable space in a public convenience! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried