All Change

 Today was tough for me, we went to look at a potential school for Mikey to move on to next year! It doesn't feel that long since we were looking at choosing a Primary School for him, how on earth can it be time to pick the location for the rest of his education up to 18?

Today was Lenham school, technically a Maidstone school; which does appeal to Mum as she was a Maidstone pupil in the dim and distant past! Mikey was initially not impressed with how long it took to get there! He is used to his school just being across the road, but as I have jsut discussed with Andy, he is growing up fast and I'm sure he will adjust quickly! I guess we will need to get him a phone next summer as well...or at least one that can be used!!

The weather was not exactly school tour friendly! But hopefully we didn't resemble drowned rats too closely! I have found I have automatic windscreen wipers - NB don't press the stalk down as that turns it on and off rather than just doing a quick swipe as per the old one!! Our first stop was a quick talk by the Head - I immediately liked him as he reminded me of Dad, I can even let him off being Lancastrian and a Biologist!  But the empasise was on helping pupils to find their strengths and working from there. As the intake is fairly small the teachers get to know all the kids and vice versa and everyone just wants full potential to be reached. The way they teach also means there is enough time to spend with pupils whatever their needs. Hopefully Andy will get over his hatred of Apple eventually! There are Apple TV boards in every classroom and all pupils have an I pad to use during lessons; so they don't have to make notes (knowing Mikey's handwriting a relief!!) and can just photograph the screens and file the notes that way!

It was odd walking around - there was a T Block (which we had at my old school) a train line running close to the school, and lots of grounds and trees - it really felt like a safe place to be! The new 6th form/technology block was rather nice and the grand piano in the corner of the school hall was in exactly the right place!!

As we went round I was hoping Mikey would like it, so far all reactions are what we would want! I also now know what to do if we don't get the decision we want next year, I will use any methods I have to if we decide Lenham is the right school for Mikey. After all we don't get another chance to make this choice and I want him to feel happy and valued at school.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90