The End...

 Today is the end of August and we are getting Mikey ready to finally go back to school on Wednesday.

As a sort of final outing we headed to Dover Castle on Saturday. For once we were prepared and had  booked in advance (as required)  Once we had arrived (with me driving!!) we had a small queue while they checked everyone had booked and turned around everyone who hadn't! Then we got to part in the castle (but not as close as the disabled parking - I still had to get up a largish hill!!) Then it was masks on and into the castle.  I was amazed/annoyed at the sheer number of people who either have decided they don't have to wear a mask or are unable to wear it correctly. The number of people of the BAME who were not wearing one or had their noses or nose and mouth uncovered was, to be honest, quite terrifying. As someone who has done as asked and has shielded since March I felt far too vunerable and at risk while walking around, although it was nice that it wasn't crowded even though most sessions on Saturday were sold out!

On our way home after the storming on of the castle, we stopped off in Folkestone at Subway for a late lunch, with one lady constantly bellowing Cash Only at every customer who walked anywhere near the door!! Many ran away in sheer terror I think! As usual Mikey went for a foot long version of the worlds most boring sandwich and I was unable to have the wrap I wanted as they suddenly discovered they had run out!

By the time I had driven home I had to admit I had slightly over done things and was exhausted, but I think Mikey and I had a good time and I didn't throw Andy out of the car on the Motorway so it was a win as a whole! What was better was that the weather forecast was totally wrong and it stayed dry until we got back to Ashford!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried