Not a day I want to repeat ...

Today started off fine with my session with my counsellor. She has such a calm voice and appears totally unflappable ; out next session in 2 weeks time is our last - but I should have started in the woods by then so hopefully I will cope better than I expected to at first!

The next appointment was for Mikey to have a filling done. We had calmly talked through what was going to happen; how it will not hurt and it is all for the best as this is an adult tooth that he will need for a very long time. As we went in he was fine, but by the time we got into the surgery all that changed. He had a full blown melt down complete with crying and screaming. Trying to calm him down was not going to happen and the Dentist also tried, he was reassured that there would be no needles and it would not hurt...but that just led to more crying and it was real tears, not the normal fake crying he is so good at. It has been decided that the fillings will be done under sedation and all he had done was more x rays and the application of a flouride gel. He is now fine, but after the tantrum this morning I felt sending him into school was possibly a very daft idea so he has been keeping Mum company whilst Dad went into work to sort a tape drive (I think!) 

We had a quick trip out to Waitrose as I needed some lunch. My first time in a Supermarket since before lockdown! I got a crusty roll that I just added ham to when I got home, Mikey had apple juice! I assume I am now going to have to add that to the shopping as it got drained very quickly - but it is also another option for breakfast...(Plus Orange juice is a no for me!)

Personally I am now feeling as tired as I did after Dover Castle at the weekend. The thought of an early night is really appealing now...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90