Here we go again....

 Here we go again, is something I really hope is not true... I am back on antibiotics for yet another kidney infection, but my Nephrologist is not going to be impressed that a culture is not being grown/looked at (yet again) as I didn't get to speak to a Dr, just the practice nurse by phone. He was more concerned that I might have Covid, even though every symptom is CKD and I have a wierd taste in my mouth, not a loss of taste. In my mind they are 2 very different things!!

After the lecture I got from the nurse I was sent a link to book tests for all of us, but when I went on line, the closest centre was Manston!! So I decided to try speaking to a person as I felt it may be easier as I know the centre at William Harvey is very under used! I spoke to a lovely lady called Carol who quickly established that none of my symptoms fit their criteria and so she could not book a test for any of us! Apparently GPs are using covid testing to palm off patients on a regular basis now! I have a good laugh with her as I said I was quite happy not to be tested again and I was very aware that Mikey would totally freak out! She agreed that the test is not pleasant, especially if you are not really at risk having not left the house much in the last couple of months...

I do now have my antibiotics for a week, but they are making me feel worse, plus they are the massive tablets which make you think 'should I swallow them or insert them'

Andy, bless him, has been out and picked up some cards for Mum and Nanny that we can hand over next weekend when we meet up to swap presents as Christmas celebrations together are off until it is much safe for both Mum and me.

But in the meantime the Tiers are being reviewed on Wednesday - as Ashfords figures are going up at a crazy rate I really can't see us getting out of 3 any time soon...But as Andy pointed out, we are pretty much surrounded by the highest rated areas so unless we closed our borders and built a massive wall there was no way we could escape it! Along with all the idiots who are so sure that it will never affect them... How hard is it to wear a mask? It doesn't restrict your oxygen intake - it has been tested with a monitor and if anything the oxygen intake increased with the mask on! I'm just getting fed up doing as I've been told to to protect me and other people. I have hardly left the house this year as a result...Andy and I have only been out to eat twice, both times at 5 Guys Burgers! Anniversaries and Birthdays have all been spent in the house. And as he is still working form Home he must be totally fed up with seeing me by now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried