My end of year treat!!!

I really should check my e-mail far more frequently!! Dear Mr Hancock has decided I need to re-enter shielding for my own safety. My main reaction to this is that I'd be much happier to do this if everybody else was doing what they are asked to as well as me staying put! 

Before I read/checked my e-mail this morning I nipped to the local Co-op. Most of the staff were masked or wearing a visor (except 1) but the same cannot be said for all customers. The manager did appear at one point to stock shelves (not that I've ever seen him do anything else!!) but as usual no none mask wearing people were challenged. While people take such a fluid reaction to what we are asked to do for everyones safety   it is not foing to improve.

Thanks to Michelle Taylor I now have loads of wool so my shielding is going to be spent mainly knitting squares ready to then try to create a blanket! The cats have now discovered that chasing balls of wool can be fun...so I guess I'm going to be chasing cats as well!! It is going to be quite a mix of colours and textures - I'm having fun trying to decide what colour to knit next!! My original plan was to use various purples....but that is boring, now we are going fot as many colours and textures as I can!

I have bought myself some more knitting needles and also some darning needles so when I start sewing them together it should be easier to used wool to ensure if is just all snuggly and comfy! I know my original plan was to crochet my blanket - but my brain just can't cope with the method etc! Well the first shielding was diamond painting, so it is nice to have a change!! Plus I have such a huge pile of completed pictures I need loads of frames!! Guess I need a trip to Ikea or somewhere similar!!

I'm currently watching Jane McDonald doing the Rhine Cruise that Nick and Mum did last year. The shot of Cologne has just made me feel almost homesick!  I need to go back to Germany...I haven't been there for so long. The last time I was there was for work before Mikey was born and before I started falling apart on such a regular basis. And Dusseldorf and Frankfurt really do not equal my love for Cologne!! I'm sure I must have lived there is some past life or another!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried