Lockdown 3; Day 44

 Yesterday has been pretty much written off - I was completely exhausted and just wanted to sleep! I did escape upstairs before 7 last night, but by 9 I was really thirsty so I was back downstairs guzzling water!

This morning started with me getting an e-mail about my car insurance renewal. I was expecting a slight increase as I changed the car last year for a new one...but I really was not expecting nearly £400!! So I did my usual and ran through Compare the Meerkat... SAGA came up at £200 and the AA about £10 more. As these are both suppliers that I trust I decided to give Hastings a call to give them a chance to try to match them! It took ages to get through but I was not in a giving up frame of mind - I have morphed into Underwriter Heather and I could hear Colin Wiles' voice when he was training Shelly and I after we moved from Domestic to a joint team! By the time I had finished the renewal was down to £196!! Much better and far closer to what I was expecting; So happy Heather hasn't lost everything that was input into my brain all those years ago! To be honest I think it a possibly 30 years ago now! But the basic principles of insurance have not changed and the rating is still based on mostly the same bits of information... I'm just happy I could dig it all out again.

Mikey has now been renamed Hannibal - mostly due to the herd of elephants which have joined him in his bedroom! He is amazing at making the light in the kitchen move as he dances around his bedroom, or whatever it is that he does in there! To be brutally honest I don't know and I don't really want it explained as I know I will not understand why he feels he has to do it!

I have also received a letter from Urology confirming to plan we discussed on the phone last week...I was sent 2 copies so I think I possibly also have the copy sent to my GP! All I need to do now is wait for them to get around to zapping me with a laser to break up the calcium and make it easier and less painful to pee out! (I'm sure there is an official medical term, but I have no idea what it is!! I am seriously considering delivering the copy to them tomorrow just to be able to get out and drive for once!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried