Lockdown 3; Day 46

Mikey and I finally escaped briefly today! I decided to deliver the copy of Urology's letter to my GP rather than repost it, mainly as I feel it would be too likely to get lost on it's second journey! When we got to New Hayesbank the post box by the door said strictly only for repeat prescriptions...Luckily a nurse appeared so I handed it to her instead! The roads were pretty quiet and I could have turned right quite easily...but I was enjoying being out of the house and actually driving! We turned left and came home the long way with a quick stop at the Tesco Extra to pick up a newspaper and allow Mikey to pick some sugary rubbish for his Saturday!!

Once home I backed out of eating the vegan Hoisin Duck Wrap that Andy had bought for me and stuck to a ham and crisp sandwich instead! Once I'd happily crunched lunch I decided to get dinner sorted and rustle up a pasta bake! The sauce part went really well - other than may inability to taste it and breaking one of me favourite spoons. This was a wedding present and I managed to break a metal spoon. This was a slotted spoon which I use lots when cooking as it is fine on none stick surfaces, this meant a quick break from cooking to investigate possible replacements on Amazon as I need a spoon for making stuff like this and the none slotted spoon is beginning to feel as though it will soon give way at the same point... I'm not happy as it is not possible to replace them with the same thing as I've never seen them again in M&S. 

By the time I had finished putting is all together I was even more exhausted than usual and relaxed with some diamond painting whilst Andy had a nap. I have no idea what Mikey was up to, but he sounded busy and the suggestions that he might do the maths he was set were met with a very determined "On Sunday".

We've had dinner and settled down to watch Casualty. There was a very young baby and that got me thinking...never a good thing! One thing I have never done and will never do, is have a baby girl. I adore Mikey, but I would have loved to have a daughter as well. But age and the joy of CKD mean that that wish can never happen. Instead I'll just always be outnumbered here. Hence my need for a dog...just to provide a little balance in this household...


This is vegan duck....sorry, but I prefer the real thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90