Lockdown 3; Day 48

Yesterday was a decidedly tough day for me, full of old memories resurfacing plus a load of flashbacks to 2008 and the rest of the year where I was fighting to get back to work. To be honest most of the blocks were put in by work which really did not help me in the slightest. 

I feel that most of this was caused by me starting to worry about my return to Canterbury to have these (or this) stone lasered out. When the last one was removed I was meant to be in for day surgery, I got out after 3 I think - my memory is not exactly working...

Some of the memories that resurfaced were not bad, and were much older than those from 2008! My wonderful brain pretty much decided that the 21st February was Thinking Day (It is actually the 22nd....) and memories from when I was a Brownie, Guide and Young Leader popped up! Going back to Brownies Thinking Day was mainly collecting and cleaning pennies from what I recall! Loads of shiny pennies being put on lines in the school hall and then sent off to HQ I think! That was pretty much the limit of my thinking on the day! At that point I was a Gnome. By the time I moved up to Guides we had a purpose built hall in the grounds of the new village High School and I had moved on to become a Swallow! (I loved the patrol badge as my Gnome was white on a brown background, waving a black broom! I never worked that one out as most Gnomes are usually very colourful and usually have fishing rods or wheelbarrows! My first thinking Day as a Guide, each patrol chose a country and held a session with food and culture representing that area...the Guide company was originally set up for girls from a local boarding school and they let a few locals in to make up numbers! For some reason Swallows chose Australia and one member of the patrol was adament that worm pie was an Australian delicacy. This was produced and I dread to think what it actually contained (I refused point blank to sample it) but with everything else we produced, everyone seemed quite happy! I doubt we gave out cans of Fosters, but I do recall it got very loud and a Didgerydoo was involved.

Guiding was quite important to me, when we moved to Kent my sister and I joined a Guide company locally and I eventually became part of the team running it. My scavenger hunt asking for a pair of scout leaders boxer shorts among other things became quite legendary with teams of feral guides dashing around Buckmore park looking for a list of quite varied items...but they had fun and it did challenge them and I knew they were as safe as I could get them!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90