Re-opening the UK

 Today is the next step in bringing the UK out of lockdown...all none essential shops. hairdressers, barbers, pubs and restaurants can open. But the last 2 can only have customers sat outside... Plus today is cold and it has snowed! Hopefully the so called 'normal' people will not go totally crazy and move into pub gardens! Gyms, pools and other leisure parks (i.e. zoos) have also reopened today - but again it really is not the weather to take a picnic to a zoo!! I celebrated this return to normality by visiting Sainsbury's! I know how to celebrate don't you think! Essentials such as tissues and strong paracetamol were needed as a matter of urgency so I went and got them myself for the first time in a year!

I managed to go and come back before Mikey dragged himself out of his pit! He is currently out in his usual shorts and t-shirt at a park meeting up with friends from school. Unfortunately Andy and I had forgetten that his watch is set to do not disturb during school hours....so even though he is wearing it the stupid EE sim is not reporting where he is or allowing us to contact him! When it told Andy he was on the far soide of town he went out to look for him! Thankfully he had not reached Elwick Road and was in the Wood Park, where he has been left, but the watch has been changed so we can contact him! Sods Law as he actually remembered to put the damn thing on! 

One plus is that he actually did his maths today and I didn't nag (OK, I had obtained various items for use as bribery...) Now we just need to find a way to inspire work on his Homework trail....As I did maths I feel it is Dad's turn!! Although he was standing up for the school yesterday! He was a couple of older kids going onto the site and reported it to the Police on 101 - although that hardly got them to leap into action! I did suggest he upgraded to 999 but he woudn't...But a quick message to a member of staff got things moving and hopefully the news will spred quickly that using school grounds is really not a good idea!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried