Lockdown, Day 74

Another odd sort of day to be honest. I woke up to streaming eyes and nose thanks to the pollen; I feel that I need pollution back as it did mask the pollen which has made my life total hell for weeks more than usual this year.

Mikey had his first session with Becky (from Early Help) this afternoon, at 12.45 he announced that he was getting dressed...when he staggered down at 12.58 he was still firmly in his sleep shorts... I was waiting for his usual excuse that why didn't I realise he is just being a boy, but thankfully he kept quiet! Getting him to work with Becky from a distance was quite a task, by the time we finished after 30 minutes I was shattered, he was in an odd mood to say the least and Becky was heading off to a zoom meeting - hopefully they helped her to recover!

I then decided I needed lunch and once I'd eaten that I got a call from the FLO at school to see how Mikey is doing. We had a nice chat and it is really looking as though he is not going tro be back at school until September. Hopefully his year 6 teacher will be ready for getting him re-accustomed to school life again. Knowing my son this has totally left his memory now, he really does have the attention span of a gold fish!

Tomorrow is my next counselling session. I am slightly apprehensive, but can't really explain why...all I can say is it is a feeling...But I am learning to listen to myself and to cope with whatever happens. Typing this has reminded me I need to go and fill in the questionnaires ready for tomorrow!




As we are coming up to a certain anniversary, this was Mikey around the time he was born a whole 10 years ago!! I'm finding hit hard to believe I've managed to keep him alive for a whole decade and I'm still of teh opinion that I should get the gifts rather than him; but unsuprisedly he does not agree!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 80