Lockdown, Day 78

Another night of broken sleep...is it too much to ask for the odd night when I don't wake up over and over again???

So far today has stayed dry, but it is grey and really doesn't help my mood or state of mind right now. I have had enough of staying at home whilst the rest of the country appears to be doing exactly what they want. A friend on Facebook (who I used to work with, pre Mikey) has expressed his fear about an upturn in covid cases after all the rebellion this weekend. I agree totally with him, he has been obeying the rules and staying put even though I think it has driven him even more insane than me! He is a lovely person, totally gregarious and happy to give you whatever he can if you ask. He has received a version of torment as he is gay. That really doesn't bother me, when I first met him my predominant memory is how much he made me laugh and he was one of the first people who made me feel relaxed in there. It was very obvious what his orientation was, but it was just Tony. I doubt he would be him in any other way! But a so called friend has told him he is going to hell because of it. Tony has NEVER tried to hide who he is so I have no idea how this 'person' can call themselves his friend if that think that. His lifestyle is his. I have never seen him push it onto anyone else or be nasty or aggressive because someone else is straight. All people are different; How boring would life be if everyone was the same and we all acted and lived out lives as carbon copies of everyone else.

I guess this is why all the protests in London have dragged me down. No colour is better than any other. OK, so I am white and in the eyes of some people privileged, but the colour of my friends is something I never think about. First and foremost they are my friends, if someone has a tan then lucky them - I just burn if I even look at the sunlight! Their personality is what is important, not their skin colour. Inside we are all the same, we all have 1 heart, 2 lungs, 2 kidneys, a pancreas and a brain (plus various other bits) but if we get skinned, we are pretty much identical. Any genetic changed are down to DNA, not black, while, yellow etc - although if anyone turns purple I am going to be VERY envious!

I'm feeling rather old today, my nephew, who I rode on a ride in Orlando with (at his request so Aunty Heather could get wet instead of him!) is now 20. when we got married my tiny page boy was nearly 2...now he towers over all around him and is studying at the London School of Economics. I know his parents are proud of him, but so is his Aunt who will never forget that 5 year old boy who would only go gon"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" with Auntie Heather which actually made her cry as at that point she felt she would never have a child of her own...


This photo is one my cousin shared, it is the 4 of us with our Nanny. I'm on the right, My sister is next to me with my cousin on the left. THe little girl being held is my other cousin. Our generation was all girls so the family names have ended with us; I sometimes wish I had added Wilson into Mikey's name to keep it going in some way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried