Lockdown 2. Getting real now

We have completed a week and a day now. And I can no longer say that Covid 19 has not affected my life. At the end of the 1st lockdown I was happy to say that I did not know anyone Covid had taken. I am not able to say this as I got a message on Thursday to tell me that someone I knew through Facebook died at the end of October. I knew she had been in hospital as I spoke to her while she was, but she gave no indication that anything was terminal. She was always a lovely, happy person to talk to and I will miss her... 

I have also had a bright idea....I want to make a blanket ready for when I have to start dialysis and as I am unable to knit I decided to try crochet!!! I have found that I am brilliant at making the initial chain, I can sit and do that happily for hours! But if I then try to add a second row all hell breaks loose! I do appear to have invented a version of creating holes in a circle, I was trying to follow some instructions but she lost me very quickly so I've just carried on! I have decided to just let it evolve into whatever it wants! I will try following instructions for something a tad less freestyle once it has reached a natural conclusion!

I am grateful that my version of crochet is keeping me occupied. As well as Lisa I've just learned that an old teacher has died. Seeing as she was a teacher when I was at school she made a good age, but it has just brought back a host of memories I had forgotten and I just want to curl up  and cry. I'm not ready for things that really don't feel that long ago to go. I was feeling delicate anyway and now I just feel battered and that I can't actually cope moving forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried