Lockdown 3; Day 37

    I thought it was odd that I had a Urology appointment today when I was still waiting to have my Totally Hydrated Scan done! The Nurse who called me (rather late as the clinic was over running) agreed and said she would chase up Radiology for me and they would arrange another appointment once I had been scanned. I just smiled and agreed, feeling decidedly happy that I hadn't had to drive into Canterbury for this! I went through to tell Andy and heard my phone ringing again, but by the time I got back to it voicemail had cut in! Brenda left a message asking me to call as soon as I could as the treatment plan for me had totally changed! Well that piqued my intrigue so I battled Canterbury's switchboard which kept asking really silly questions and eventually got through to her. It appears that there has been a consultants review of me and my records and the CT is simply too dangerous for me with my Kidneys at their current stage of giving up! They are therefore intending to zap the stones with a laser and hopefully have me in and out in a day! I think I laughed at that point as last time I didn't come round too easily and I think I was in for 3 days... They are also worried about how anaemic I am so there may well be another iron Infusion in my near future; but I suggested that they liase with the Amaemia team within Renal and then spent a fun filled few minutes spelling my Nephrologists name and confirming that my GP is not in charge of my anaemia Treatment! Quite what she couldn't get with KLEBE is beyond me, she was desperate to add at least one i in there!

So now I just have to wait until I get called in. I guess there will be yet another Covid Test plus shielding before hand. This doesn't just affect me as Andy will not be able to go into work for anything or live here if he does to keep me Covid Free. At least I've had my first dose of vaccine an only have a week and a half until I have some protection at least! 

I think they are concerned about leaving kidney stones and me to co-exist after the 2008 fiasco! I know I can still feel pain from them at the moment, but it doesn't exactly create too much actual pain...just decidedly uncomfortable more than anything else. This usually means I ignore any changes in the pain so if they cause a blockage I most likely won't notice again! Although a 2 week sleep does appeal I don't fancy my chances of getting out without a good dose of Covid for good measure, although I think most covid positive patients end up in William Harvey!

One thing that is worrying me at the moment is that most things I taste actually remind me of coffee...not helping me when I'm feeling so sick all the time. I just wish I could decide that coffee is a flavour I like rather than one which has always made me retch and want to turn my stomach inside out.

I do wonder if Urology could zap my gall stones at the same time and maybe give me my last vaccine dose while I'm sleeping sweetly!! I might even try to wake up quicker if they can!! What I'm actually having is called Lithotripsy. I get lasered!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90