Lockdown 3; Day 38

Well we have made it to half term....Mikey has won a gold card and his first house point badge (he has been a house point machine recently) and seemed to enjoy his las zoom of this term this afternoon! The class were asked to create their dream house a la Grand Designs! There are quite3 a collection of weird designs and only 7 of the class actually turned up - but they had a fantastic time with loads of giggles and light hearted teasing! Apparently it is like this in class and I think Mrs Pemberton really enjoyed it as well! To be honest it was a pleasure to listen in as they all had such a wonderful time :)

I am seriously considering e-mailing school to congratulate them as it was a wonderful closure for this term  which has not exactly been the easiest as my son does not equate home with school work.

Yesterday evening included a rather surreal conversation with Mikey... I was telling him that I will be going into hospital so Urology can laser out my kidney stones; this was met by a decidedly odd look and the question 'Why are you eating stones?' At this point we tried to explain that they are actually made from calcium, which the yogurts he is addicted to are filled with...this was met by 'But you don't eat yogurts' so I now think he still thinks I'm eating handfulls of shingle when nobody is watching me!

One thing I am finding tough is that I have to go back to Canterbury for this op...my memories of this hospital are not great and the thought of them knocking me out again really does scare me. I just hope I can request that they do not use Propofol. When I had to 2008 stones lasered they didn't use it but I still didn't want to wake up - add in my wonderful ability not to sleep most nights I see no reason for me to be any more likely to want to wake up this time!! I know they are also worried about my iron levels so it is very possible that |I will have to have another infusion...again the first one of those made me feel really ill. I think I'm used to operating without enough of the stuff so getting my up to a 'normal' level makes me ill!! What is more scary is the fact I can't have anyone with me...But I still have no clue when it might happen yet...



I have made my own version of this paining in 5D Diamonds...not that I'm proud of it of anything!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90