Memories

Following on from the Death of the Duke of Edinburgh yesterday I have been recalling my interactions with members of the Greek Royal Family in Exile.... I was the contact for them at one point when I was working for Royal Insurance and Royal and Sun Alliance. At one point hearing that Prince Nicolas was on the phone for me was enough for me to go and hide in the ladies!! 

Many commentators have stated that the Duke was an intelligent man who was far ahead of his time, especially in relation to his work for the environment. All I can say is he had all the brains and the rest of his family....not so much!

I called my Mum yesterday as I have hardly spoken to her this week...I now know that I need to get hold of a 3 day eventing safety vest for her. These turn into a sort of air bag if you fall from your horse. As she has managed to fall over a garden curb this week and is decidedly battered from head to toe, I think she needs a wearable airbag! As Miff decided she needed sweet tea to fight shock, I think she would prefer the air bag! If she carries on like this I have a feeling Nicky will ban her from leaving her house! After all she has already fallen on her deack at least once, possible more!

Today Andy is lucky to still be breathing and alive. I was not aware that a human being could produce quite as much noise as he did over night. I have my sleep mask with earphones on, but in order to block the snores out I needed the volume so high my hearing was under threat plus my pillow folded around my head as well - and if I fell asleep I would let go of the pillow and the muffled effect was lost and I was awake again. Apparently he is planning to sleep downstairs tonight so I don't have to wear the mask as I can leave Alexa playing as she won't keep him awake! I knew I should have got a sofa bed...

Mikey is still finding sleep a challenge, he may find it easier if he stops creeping downstairs to grab his phone and a snack. Last night I believe his snack was a bag of hollow chocolate eggs, which he has completely demolished over night, laeving the evidence spilling out o f the bathroom bin! Just call me Grissom as all I have to do is follow the trail of rubbish to solve the snacking crimes! I don't think he has that many Easter eggs left now and he has eaten all 20 yoghurts that were delivered on Tuesday, at this rate he may have to start on apples!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried