Death...

 Today, 19 years ago, Andy and I were sat at Gatwick Airport waiting to board a plane for Orlando. While we were sat at the gate, there was a 2 minute silence announced as the Queen Mother's funeral was happening. Also at the gate were 2 women with the biggest hand luggage I have ever seen who were trying to repack all the shopping they had done at the airport into the suitcase sized bags they were claiming were hand luggage. They had English accents so could not claim they didn't understand the frequent announcements being made, but were still unable to communicate quietly; much preferring yelling that led to Andy telling me to calm down as I loudly 'whispered' that I couldn't understand how they could be so rude and disrespectful. (Although today he has said he should have been as forceful as I wanted to be)

Today it has been announced that her son in law, the Duke of Edinburgh has died at the age of 99. For some reason it has affected me... I accept that having watched Paul O'Grady at Battersea and The Dog House this morning has made me emotional. But I actually want to sob now. The only way I can explain it is that he has been there through my whole life and I have nothing and nobody to take his place. Andy told me off for telling Mikey about his 'slitty eyes' comment - only for the BBC to refer to it in their news reporting!  To be honest he was probably as famous for some of his so called gaffes as the other things he did with the DofE Scheme and WWF plus raising awareness of the needs of protecting the environment before it became trendy and so called Woke. My first thought was how will the Queen cope without him as they have always been a 'double act' I just hope she is given the time she will need and deserves to try to adjust to carrying on without him....it was so obvious how much he meant to her, and She to him, and as she is 95 (I think) she will not and should not be expected to just bounce back. She is human and has lost a man she married against the wishes of the establishment and who has supported her since the end of WWII. 

I'm quite intrigued how quickly Harry will return to the UK. Megan has already made it very clear she is never coming back - plus there is her alleged pregnancy (most commentators do not believe it is real...how odd that nobody seems to believe a word that comes out of her mouth! If Harry does not get back A.S.A.P. he is likely to lose what little support he still has here. But I also wonder how Megan will spin this to be about her... I have tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but the more I hear about her the less lee way I want to give her.  I still believe she was sure she could convince us (the UK Population) that we wanted her and Harry to succeed the Queen. She really had no clue about us or the monarchy and it shows.


                                                                                                                                      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried