Release Day 4

 Today I finally got to see my Mum for the first time since the day before we went into tier 4!! The original plan was to see her tomorrow, but as the weather is due to include an arctic blast we moved it forward one day! We were good and sat in the garden, I admit I was close to her garden heater but it was so nice to relax and just chat. Mikey did not agree and quickly started his usual 'can we go home yet?' I think the 1st request was within 10 minutes of arrival...

Driving there was my 1st trip on that part of the M20 since I saw her in December. That was pre Brock and I really cannot see why it is still in place. I could have filmed the whole of the coastbound carriageway not being used for anything if I had wanted. And then everyone else is crammed onto the London bound carriageway stuck at 50mph. Welcome to the UK, behave or we will fine you! Not exactly a welcome to our neighbours is it?

My theory is to ouny use the east bound route. Put the barrier down the midle. keep the freight on the hard shoulder and lane one and everyone else in lanes 2 and 3. Then the west bound road can open fully and and normal spped limits. Keeping locals and visitors happier and also hopefully encouraging more people to use the motorway. I am now going to avoid it like the plague as I really object to someone driving too close to the back of my car and pushing me to go faster. I feel a letter to my MP coming on asking why it needs a whole carriageway to be taken out of use when freight is now flowing quite freely. Ashford certainly is very fed up at being isolated by the motorway that is meant to bring work and commerce into the town, rather than bringing it to a complete standstill on a regular basis. Has anyone worked out how much Brock has cost Ashford in real money yet? And is the rest iof the U|K going to compensate us for this loss? Seeing as council tax etc has gone up I am assuming that is a no. This just makes me want to leave here as I can't see a future for Mikey stuck in East Kent.    





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried