Release, Day 1

 Although we still have loads of rules, Lockdown and shielding have ended! I was going to go out today, but this morning every movement made my head spin so I really was not safe to be allowed out!

But Mikey has returned to school to complete his one day this week! He has come home in a good mood and has had his tour of the local parks to use up any energy he has in reserve - hopefully he will be alseep before midnight tonight which was not achieved last night!! But if he could hear the snores from our room I would not blame him!  I have a feeling Andy was working on a world record last night - I'm looking forward to Easter Monday when he comes off call and can wear  his sleep machine again!! I may need to play something louder through my sleep mask to block the snores out!

All of us are off for the next 4 days - Andy is just on call over night and the usual weekend hours, but the weather is expected to get colder. Not good for Monday when we are actually going to see Mum!! The last time I saw her was in December the day before we went into Tier 4 when we swapped Christmas presents and the services on the M20. It feels like longer than the 1st lockdown this time and I am so looking forward to seeing her rather than just hearing her voice. Yesterday someone was trying to convince me that Zoom made distance irrelevant. In some ways it does, but there will always be something special about sharing space with someone important to you - and that is what I have missed more in the 3rd Lockdown in comparison to the first. The only way I can explain it is that during the 1st lockdown we really had no idea what was happening or even how long it was going to last. I think if I had known that a year later if it still impacting our lives so much I would have struggled so much more.

Other issues have also been winding me up. I am fed up at feeling like a minority in my own country. All through the pandemic BAME has been used - but apparently now we are not to use it as it is unwelcome to the people it covers. Black Lives Matter - but if we say anything in arguement we are racist and sumpremicist, Yet they can refer to us as white imperialists etc and have no come back in case it is seen as being racist. One of Mikeys closest friends is from Nepal - Mikey couldn't care lass about skin colour - they just enjoy playing the same games. Why does colout even have to enter the conversation? Yes, the slave trade was bad...but there is nothing we csana do to wipe out that it happened.  Changing history means we are not then in a position to learn from the mistakes and actions of our forefathers. Fore being the operative word. It is 100s of years ago and all we can do is say sorry and make sure it never happens again. But raising race and colour as an issue constantly as the media currently are means it will never fade into the background and 'normal' white people will be scared to even speak about it without being labelled racist or worse. Can't we just move on from the conversation and stop putting it at the top of every agenda?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90