Released, Day 2!!

Officially lockdown finished for all of us shielded people yesterday!! I still have not been anywhere and to be honest I am still far too scared to just go out for the sake of it! I will go out next week as I need to get a new battery put into my watch; so I have the excitement of a trip to Sainsbury's for the first time since March!!!

On Friday the heat was crazy; I think it got to me a bit and so I bought a new car! Andy should really keep me under better control - he should know what I'm like by now! In my defence I do need a car with an automatic gearbox now. It will give me more chance to watch the traffic around me rather than worrying what gear I've put the car into by mistake! I have also developed a habit of trying to go from 5th to reverse which, surprisingly, the car really is not keen on!!

During this week I had to have more blood tests done. The results have filtered through quite slowly. But my iron levels are down, ny cell count is down, as is my kidney function whilst my creatinine is up. If I'm honest I would prefer all of those results to be reversed, but that would be a complete miracle!!

The one thing these results has helped with is they make how I've been feeling make far more sense.  I do get a little freaked out by my lack of appetite, but it is just I don't want to eat rather than losing my sense of taste which could be a sign of the dreaded covid! I am also working on a bucket list of things I want to do before I die. Including cruising the Norwegian Fjords again, seeing the Northern Lights, visiting Paris and going up the Eiffel Tower and other such adventures!! Andy jsut tells me to stop being daft - but then again when I asked him to take a romantic walk around the deck late at night last time we were in Norway he just wanted to go to sleep. Anyone know of a way to infuse him with some romance!?!?

Next year is a huge birthday for me...I really want a party as after this year it was tough to celebrate and there is no guarantee I will have another major birthday. I intend to celebrate next year as if it is my last, then hopefully I will make it to more reasons to celebrate, but in case I don't I will have experienced it. Also having seen some photos from today, I want to do the segway tour at Leeds Castle!!

I was talking about this to my Counsellor last week. My aim now is to try to make as many memories as I can with Mikey so that if the worst does happen he will have happy things to remember and talk about to people (probably only Andy as nobody else in his family would want to talk about me, or have anything nice to say) Andy has a week off work at some point this month, so hopefully we will be heading to a zoo for a chance at making new memories and hopefully lots of ice cream and some special time out and about together as we have not had any chance to do that so far this year!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Worried

Lockdown, Day 90