Lockdown, Day 58

Today seems to have followed seamlessly on from the troubles yesterday. Mikey and I tried to do some Mathletics this morning, but he appeared to have an issue with typing numbers into the laptop or pressing enter without thumping it. He got so wound up and stressed I sent him to his bedroom to calm down. It took a while and was very noisey, while he was wailing I dropped a quick line to his teacher to explain what was going on and that I feel supporting him is far more important than school work right now. Thankfully she has replied and agrees with me!v And has also congratulated him on his maths results so far and the only piece of work he has manged to submit via Purple Mash! I have also warned her that the exercise book sent home when school closed is still pretty much empty...

On a personal note I'm feeling even more isolated and alone. I am trying to give Mikey the support he needs, but I have no idea if what I'm doing is helping him of hindering.I just wish the Lenworth Clinic could have done something/anything to help him rather than just closing his case and palming him off on someone else. It is not just adults or teenagers who have issues with mental health, children can and do as well and passing them from pillar to post really is not good enough or supportive in any sense.

There is still a load of discussion about the plans to get children back into school. To be honest I think it may be better to let them forget about this scool year and go back in the autumn when hopefully all this chaos will be over and turning into an unpleasant memory (or maybe nightmare) And by then social distancing may be able to be ignored - children will never cope with it anyway and it will only add to their stress. 

 This photo is a sculpture that is//was at SeaWorld in Orlando. I loved it on sight and had hoped there would be a small version in the shop. I was disappointed so had to make do with a photo. I love the smooth lines and the simple look, but you still can't mistake it for anyhing other than a penguin... I think I need a version in the garden!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried