Lockdown 3; Day 17

Nephrology this morning, Dr Klebe is happy with how I am doing as my function has gone up 5 points and I'm back at 19. This means dialysis is pushed further away again!! He is not exactly happy about my scan and current antibiotics as Trimethoprim is not the best antibiotic for me, but as I'm only taking it every other day he is OK for the time being!

He has rather pooh poohed my GP's theory about B12 Anaemia as due to my kidney failure my bone marrow will naturally produce larger blood cells and EPO will also effect it! But he has agreed to test my B12 again in the next lot of blood test! Hopefully that will keep everyone happy! Dr Klebe also agrees that I don't want more needles in my life yet! B12 injections tend not to be self administered so aren't just subcutaneous which I am more than happy with!

As I seem to have an amazing ability to annoy people at the moment I have now decided to take a vow of silence. Hopefully that will keep everyone else happy and reduce my stress levels...I have been told I need to look after  myself more as I am not going to get any more energy until I start dialysis (He hopes) and I WILL get more tired far more quickly and recovery will take longer and longer the more run down I get. Anyone want my life??

Boris is currently holding a |News Update. It now appears the Kent version of Covid IS more deadly than the original and is killing more people. Just my luck!! It is also far easier to spread, but the vaccines do work against it so hopefully I will be meeting another needle sooner rather than later! I want to be back in Marchwood in April! But they are worried that the South African and Brazilian versions of Covid my not be succeptable to the vaccines...This is really not helping my state of mind; I hate being in such danger from something that I can't even see.

I started today feeling much better, especially when a friend didn't believe I'm 50 this year! But as of now I'm close to jsut crying and hiding away until all of this is over. I know that nothing bad has happened but I am just fed up and I need some normality back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Do I keep Going?

Lockdown, Day 90

Worried